The 3 Disciplines:
How to Dramatically Boost Your Executive Effectiveness In 60 Days
Steve Jobs: "That’s been one of my mantras—focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex; you have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple."
Summary: This is a unique executive/leadership development initiative, designed for business owners, entrepreneurs, mid to senior level leaders of small to medium sized companies, departments or business units, along with their HR counterparts (though 1st tier managers could certainly benefit).
Its singular intent is to cultivate the discipline of achieving targeted results within fixed time periods by leveraging strategic planning and execution in short time cycles, coupled with simple principles and practices of human behaviors science.
Based on the books The Effective Executive by Perter Drucker, Results-Based Leadership by David Ulrich, Atomic Habits by James Clear, along with our 20+ years of client work and expertise in human behavior in business, this is unlike any "typical training & development” offering, (which are traditionally designed as passive learning).
The Distinct Difference: This is a short cycle development intensive (60 days) that is laser-focused on 2 specific, measurable outcomes:
1. Cultivate the discipline of strategic action
2. Learn to consistently achieve targeted results within a specified time period.
(The "short cycle" concept leverages human behavior science in our development design.)
3. Learn to master the skills of clarity & focus - yes, maintaining clarity as Jobs says "clean thinking"- & focus are skills.
How?... With our guided expertise we facilitate weekly implementation of customized action plans, use of self-coaching tools, principles & practices, peer & stakeholder accountability, enhanced learning and input, via live, virtual peer roundtables (which will be recorded for continuous reference).
Bonus Benefit: This initiative is designed to be strategically relevant to real-time operational needs and objectives.
| The 3 Disciplines |
(Don't let the simplicity of each discipline fool ya... each are chalked with human behavior science principles and practices.) Discipline defined: training, conditioning to consistently behave in an intended, prescribed way...
Here's what's needed for effective execution in leadership:
Discipline #1: Outcome > Create the discipline of getting & staying clear
__ focus on the right things at the right time
__ get clear and stay clear – getting out of fog and overwhelm
__ develop the ability to consistently see the forest and the trees
Discipline #2: Outcome > Create the discipline of working from a weekly strategic plan
__ map out how it’s going to get done and when = matching strategy to time.
Discipline #3: Outcome > Create the discipline of successfully managing the daily challenges
__ skillfully manage the day-to-day challenges of effective execution
__ foster awareness to improve day to day self-management
__ incrementally improve decision-making
__ recognize opportunities for “micro” improvements for yourself and your direct reports
> The 3 Disciplines is designed to be implemented over a period of 60 days (just shy of the 66 day reality of developing a new habit).
> Investment: $1,250
> Got any questions, don't hesitate to ask - Contact Us
> Email firstname.lastname@example.org |
As a reminder The 3 Disciplines is the first building block of The Executive Advantage Blueprint for Smart Management. If you haven't viewed the 15 minute overview - you can do so here.
By the way, don't get tripped on the word executive read why here.
A unique executive/leadership development initiative, designed for business owners, entrepreneurs, mid to senior level leaders of small to medium sized companies, departments or business units, along with their HR counterparts.
Once you enroll, look for an email with information for next steps and welcome to the elite Smart Management Community!
NOW WHAT? RECOMMENDED NEXT STEPS
1. Take the opportunity for a deep dive - a 55 min. instructional video. Learn how to use The Executive Advantage Blueprint for Smart Management to improve your operations, team performance while developing your managers’ capabilities and improving your “profit-ability”. We’ll also walk through a current client case study. It'll feel like a private tutorial. :-) As a reminder, just about any people management challenge you'll find addressed within the blueprint. (Or, view our 15 min. short overview here.)
2. Or, if you’re ready to schedule a 30 minute Q&A call (ask us anything)…we’re here to listen and help where we can. Request a call (Note, you'll have the opportintiy for this with The 3 Disciplines intiative).
3. Stay connected with our Smart Management Mastery Community on Facebook - Click here
4. Subscribe to our Smart Management Advisory - sent a couple of times a month to support your business building efforts through better management insights and tips…and periodically it will include an invitation to non-members for our live, virtual consulting roundtables. We consider them masterclasses. It’s where we take a bit more time to explore how to improve a key business driver.
5. View the 9 Point Checklist - if you're considering going it alone, you'll want to take advantage of this free video briefing that provides the checklist you'll need to design a successful management training & development initiative. - Click h