3 Tier Effectiveness | Leading Throughout - Being a Leader That Provides Exceptional Value
There are 3 leader-manager tiers that directly affect successful business and operational results.
▪️ Tier 1 - The Executive Level
An executive leader's personal performance => Model from the top. Imagine spending a ton of money on management training and then undoing it by senior leadership...happens everyday!
▪️ Tier 2 - The Senior Leadership Team
- How senior leaders operate as reflected by the executive leader's intent & ability to cultivate a cohesive & effective senior team.
- How Senior leadership leads, develops and manages the managers
▪️ Tier 3 - How your extended management team performs based on Tier 2 leadership and management impact. We see developing middle management as an essential senior management responsibility. When a lower tier manager is not contributing/performing as needed...this is information about the leadership effectiveness of the senior leadership team - not HR, by the way. Unfortunately, it can become an HR issue when it's not initially treated and seen as a leadership responsibility.
Important Executive Leadership Reality
The lack of executive effectiveness throughout becomes an organizational issue.
- I've observed Tier 3 to be the toughest and most neglected because the consequences of not doing so are not directly felt by senior leadership (at least in larger organizations) and it's not seen as a business imperative.
- It's also where many of the "trouble spots" occur within an organization.
- And, where the least amount of development, improvement money is spent.
- And...wait for it...where you will be most "in the dark" - when the most significant, costly issues arise. This area is where your executive blind spots live. And, unless you have organizational awareness and have the kind of company culture that allows issues to be quickly revealed in a healthy way, they will forever undermine your executive leadership efforts.
- This is the stuff that shows up on an employee survey and you say..."I didn't know that was happening...or I didn't realize morale was that low...or that manager was so harmful." This is called executive blindsiding...and it can be costly! When you use our solution, you won't be blindsided again!
As the executive manager of your operation...Do you know what's going on at every tier of your organization? Do you see your executive role from an organizational - collective people & managers' performance - point of view? Our approach helps you consistently keep your finger on the pulse of your organization, while developing competent managers at every level. Don't rely on periodic, annual "employee surveys" or reviews. It may be too late! Our Executive Management Blueprint - helps you lead throughout your organization.
Do you have executive blindspots? View the 9 minutes video briefing below| Read Top 10 Factors Sure to Sabotage Your Business Dream (or executive leadership).
Check out this 9 minute video briefing that talks about why organizational impact is apart of being an effective executive leader. Using our blueprint mitigates organizational blind spots, that blindside you and undermine your leadership efforts.
1/. Learn about our blueprint and how it applies to your role
2/. Read more about what our Effective Executive Initiative entails.
3/. Schedule a 30 minute Q&A - You talk, we listen ;-)
4/. Subscribe to our monthly E-advisory
I've just launched my new leadership development platform The Distinct Leader and invite you to check it out! Join for free or become a LevelUp Premium Member using promo code FRIENDS50 at checkout.